[amibroker] Re: Previous close prices on n = -1 MACD cross?

Mr. Peters,

Thank you so much.  So if I understand your code correctly, the
ValueWhen function is now testing the variable Pres_Cross two
crosses ago, which is the last cross prior to today when counting
todays cross as one cross?  Now I think I can set up a buy statement
conditioned on the difference in the values of the MACD crosses to
the difference in the prices.  I found all the pieces in the
reference manual and different bits of code, but I was having
trouble putting them all together.  It'll come with time.  Thankd
again.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, William Peters
<williampeters@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Use the Filter to screen for all tickers that made a cross on the
most
> recent bar. The previous close price is displayed in the
exploration
> results list.
>

> RET_1 = Prefs( 11 );
> RET_2 = Prefs( 12 );
> RET_3 = Prefs( 13 );
>
> M_LINE = MACD(RET_1, RET_2);
> S_LINE = Signal(RET_1, RET_2, RET_3);
>
> PRES_CROSS = Cross(M_LINE, S_lINE);
>
> Filter = PRES_CROSS;
>
> PREV_CLOSE = ValueWhen( PRES_CROSS, C, 2);
> AddColumn( PREV_CLOSE, "PREV_CLOSE" );
>

> Regards,
> William Peters (AmiBroker Group Moderator)
> www.amitools.com
>

> Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 5:58:26 PM, you wrote:
>

> QRSA> I am trying to write code that will return the closing price
on the
> QRSA> date of the last cross of the signal line by the MACD line
prior to
> QRSA> a cross of the same type occuring today.  I have a selectio
of code
> QRSA> here, but am getting a syntax error trying to use the
ValueWhen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM