From: Quad Rate Serial Abby [mailto:quad_pumped_abby@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 7:11 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Custom Chart Panes

Thanks Terry.  I've already been there.  That allows me to select
the default versions supplied by AmiBroker, but doesn't allow me to
customize it as I would like from what I can tell.  I'll keep
digging my way through the users guide and see if I come across a
function for shading candles.  That was my point about the edit
formula not showing the candle information, only indicator
information.  Thanks again.

quad

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:
> Look in Preferences, Charts in the upper right corner.
> --
> Terry
>
> > From: "Quad Rate Serial Abby" <quad_pumped_abby@xxxx>
> > Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:03:34 -0000
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [amibroker] Custom Chart Panes
> >

> > I noticed in the default chart pane that AmiBroker provides black
> > filled candles when the price on the candle closed lower than the
> > open.  I have reviewed the section on linestyles and color
styles,
> > etc.  I would like to set up my default chart to show
white/hollow
> > up candles (open lower than close, close higher than previous
> > close), red/solid down candles (close lower than open, close
lower
> > than previous close), red/hollow down candles (close higher than
> > open, close lower than previous close - this is a gap down with
> > retracement candle), and black solid up candles (close lower than
> > open, close higher than previous close - this is a gap up with
> > retracement candle).  I believe I know how to get the colors
> > assigned correctly incorporating nested IIF statements with color
> > styles, but how do we get shaded candles?  Also, when I click
EDIT
> > FORMULA while in the chart pane, I see the WRITEIF commentary and
> > bollinger band criterias, but nothing about how the candles were
> > created.  I would like to save the system default chart setup as
> > different name to preserve it and make my own default setup
based on
> > what I am used to.  Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > quad
> >

> > Check AmiBroker web page at:
> > http://www.amibroker.com/