Re: [amibroker] Re: Questions about the Equity() function

danielwardadams wrote:

So what I was trying to do with Equity was to predetermine the number
of shares I could buy for my risk and then making the 20%
constraint part of my Buy criteria. Something like the following:

Buy = cond1
  AND cond2
  AND NumShares*Open < .20*Equity()

So if it fails that test, I just go find another stock that does work.

Dan:

Instead of putting your size qualifier in the buy statement, why not "AND" it to your PositionScore statement? That way, if a stock fails the size test, it automatically goes to the next stock on the list according to your other positionscore qualifiers until if finds one that qualifies. Of course, this runs the risk of not selecting the top stocks in your positionscore list, but it might solve the problem of getting stocks picked that obey the positionsize function. Keep me informed of your progress. Like you, I'm very interested in solving this volatility-based positionsize conundrum.

Al Venosa