[amibroker] Oddity with ApplyStop

I've been experimenting with exits and have encountered something I may
not understand. As a reference for evaluating other exits, I told
Automatic Analysis to close trades on the following open:
Sell=Ref(Buy,-1); SellPrice=O; and the obvious equivalent for Short
trades.  I did this after experimenting with another exit and
inadvertently left a profit-taking stop in place:
ApplyStop(1,2,N*TickSize);  The odd thing is that, even when entering on
the close of one bar and exiting on the next open, the N in the
ApplyStop function changes the trading results.  If this file included
after-hours data, I'd assume the stop was reacting to it, but that is
not the case.

The only explanation I can think of is that ApplyStop is incompatible
with any exit other than on the close.  It is ignoring the Exit-on-Open
and finding its profit later in the day.  Thus, only the days that never
offer a profit of N*TickSize are being closed correctly, and my trading
results are garbage.  And the same thing happens in "real" exits that
are supposed to exit on the Open if the trade has gone on too long
without either taking a profit or being closed at a loss.

Does this make sense to anyone?  And is my only recourse to write my own
exits using loops?

Thanks.

Owen Davies

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM