Re: [amibroker] Re: PositionSize / Capital

Hello again, Graham:

It appears your ATRs didn't change much over the 6 months shown in your graphs. So, I'm not sure what you are trying to demonstrate. The ATR/C for both stocks is close to 2%. That's about it. So, what is there to learn from this? I thought in your earlier messages you were trying to compare a high-priced stock with a low-priced stock in terms of volatility.

AV

Graham wrote:

Al I use it within explorations, so averaging over a range of stocks each time would consume too much time for all explorations.

To help understand what my ATR study produces here are a couple of charts of similar prices. The trend chart is upper price chart and ATR is below.

ATR chart – Red lines are upper and lower range (~80% of values), Blue is mean line, Black solid is actual ATR and grey is long term MA of ATR

I have not yet tried sorting between rises and falls, but I could try that after also producing a fairly accurate means of trend direction. As far as sudden moves due to announcements etc nothing is very useful for predicting future moves, but the more constructive indications you can have the better you are able to control your trading.