[amibroker] Re: CCI ZLR

On the one hand, if you read the manual you mention (which at one
point had been approved by Woodie), it says *repeatedly* to follow the
patterns as described *exactly*, which implies they can be backtested.
 But when confronted with the fact that the patterns don't test out,
the official story becomes oh, too many nuances, you need to put in
your time and then you'll be able to trade them, they can't be
backtested, there are additional filters, some of which are
proprietary, etc.  My advice is to do your own testing and believe
only that.  And if it's really true that the patterns are too complex
to be backtested and there really are too many nuances, then that
means the patterns form the base of some form of discretionary
trading, in which case why not use simple patterns that *do* test out
instead of complex ones that don't?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Abry <abry@xxxx> wrote:
> Thank you everyone for your help.
>
> Mark, I think your code looks good and is an excellent starting
point.
> The entry looks great, and the exit is one of many. Thank you.
>
> There are many nuances to Woodie's CCI which makes it hard to trade
for
> some, easy for others. Myself, I have had good and bad days
papertrading
> but have not committed real money yet.
>
> These days, Woodie uses a LSMA 25 as a filter as well as a
"Sidewinder"
> which is, as far as I can tell, a filter incorporation the angle of
the
> 34 EMA (to get a good trend slope) as well as some sort of
volatility
> measure.
>
> Exits are tricky as well and are implemented differently if traded
with
> one or more contracts. Woodie encourages to start learning his
method
> with one contract but to be really profitable one needs to trade
> multicontract as the runners will eventually make the system
profitable.

> There is a good intro manual by a guy named Jeff on the website
> woodiescciclub.com. If nothing else, Woodie is an excellent teacher
of
> trading discipline.
>

> Anthony C. Abry

AND
> last 2 must be >0
> AND wcci>Ref(wcci,-1) AND Ref(wcci,-1)<=Ref(wcci,-2) AND
> Ref(wcci,-2)<=Ref(wcci,-3)// CCI bounce
> AND LLV(wcci,3)>=-100 AND HHV(wcci,3)<=100;// CCI bounce occurs
> between +/- 100
>
> Sell=wcci<=Ref(wcci,-1)// declining or flat CCI
> OR Cross(0,wcci)// CCI crosses below zero line
> OR tcci<=Ref(tcci,-1)// declining or flat TCCI
> OR Cross(wcci,tcci);// TCCI crosses below CCI
>
> SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", 20 );
> PositionSize = -5;
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Abry <abry@xxxx> wrote:
> > I was wondering if any of you have ever coded Woodie's CCI zero
line
> > reject into AB.
> >
> > As a first step to learn some coding I am currently trying to do,
> >
> > If CCI(14) has been positive for 6 bars then buy. Sell when CCI
> > declines.
> >
> > The next step would be, if CCI(14) has been positive for 6 bars,
and
> has
> > been above 100 and has retraced back below 100 and then turns up
> again,
> > then buy.
> >
> > I have tried many variations - all of which show me I am not fit
for
> > programming.
> >
> > Any help appreciated ......
> >
> > Anthony Abry
>

> Check AmiBroker web page at:
> http://www.amibroker.com/
>
> Check group FAQ at:
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dftlbs/M=298184.
5639630.6699735.3001176/
> D=groups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1102473391/A=243497
1/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*htt
> p:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630
.6699735.3001176/D=group