From: "Tom Clarkson" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 08:10:00 -0800
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Off Topic: Optimizing a PC for Amibroker Backtesting - What's most important?

I am looking at getting a PC dedicated to running Amibroker backtests and was wondering if anyone had any input on what the most important performance attributes would be.

I am thinking of an Intel Pentium Extreme Edition or Athlon 64 FX-55. It seems the difference is that the Intel has a bigger cache which seems like that could make a difference. Also TJ once indicated that hard drive performance is important so one might think that a RAID 0 with 2 WD 10,000 RPM drives might be the way to go if that is true. Lastly, it’s not clear if memory beyond say 1GB would make much difference.

Has anyone tried to come up with the fastest backtesting PC or have any opinions on what attributes of the PC would be most important. I suppose one could optimize everywhere but that could be overkill.

Thanks for any insights.

Tom

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129m9icvc/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1102349395/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>