[amibroker] Re: Problem with AddToComposite

Here is a repeat of my original post, kaveman's reply (the only one) and my reply to him.  But it all seems to have got lost a few pages of posts ago amongst all the other stuff, so I'll just politely ask again if I may :)
Question first: how do I get the Y-axis on the price chart to display ticks
between the main numbers? That is, if every 5 cents the dollar value is
displayed, how can I turn on the intervening 1-cent ticks so I can see where I'm
trying to place a horizontal line, for instance? The same for smaller values -
e.g. a share worth 0.073 has the Y-axis showin in jumps of 1 cent - but the
shares move in ticks of 0.1 cent so I need to be able to see the intervening
ticks.

Second point - this may be a problem in the latest Beta (4.57) but the "Snap to"
doesn't seem to work. I click the little magnet icon which then shows as being
depressed (bit like me in the mornings.. ;)) but trying to place a horizontal
line at a price still seems to be completely random - the line can end up with
any value up to a few decimal places long, whereas I would expect it to jump to
the nearest price tick (as in the first paragraph) -i.e. 0.001, 0.05, or 0.01
depending on the share price.

This is on the ASX, and using the MetaStock data plugin from my C:\Shares folder
which is where my MetaStock is set up to read its data from. I'm trying to wean
off MetaStock completely, and use Ami alone, but I really need to be able to see
and set prices for horizontal lines much more accurately - at the moment it's
very much hit and miss. But feel free to hit me if I'm missing something really
simple and stupid... ;)

Thanks for any help.

Pete, Brisbane, Australia.
=====================================
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> You can open the properties for a line and enter the values.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham

Thanks Graham. I know that, but that is a very random thing to do - plonk the
line somewhere in the region then fine tune two numbers in the properties. It
should be a lot easier - "snap to" should work (doesn't in my copy) and the
price ticks should be able to be made visible. The properties for a horizontal
line, by definition, should only have a single value to adjust also - otherwise
it becomes a sloping line! (MetaStock's horizontal lines have only a single value to adjust)

Pete, Brisbane, Australia.