[amibroker] Re: debugging in AB

Folks:
I am just learning AB and have come a point where I realize that many of
my questions would answer themselves if I knew how to debug better.
How do I watch variables, step through code, set breakpoints, etc.?
If I could watch variable values change in real time, I'm sure that I'd
quickly gain a far better understanding of AB and AFL.
1) I can find practically nothing regarding debugging in the AB User's
Guide, other than a suggestion to d/l DebugView.  I did that, but
obviously that tool could require a bit of AFL coding simply to report
accurately where in the code (i.e., in a particular loop) the debug
report is coming from.  Is DebugView the sole method for debugging
available in AB?  There's no variable watching or breakpoints or
stepping?
2) Regarding the error reports from the compiler with the line and column
number given:
I don't see any corresponding line and column numbers in the AB editor
status bar.  Is it true that in order to interpret the compiler
errors I have to copy my code to a 3rd party editor that does report line
numbers?
Thanks for any help.
   -Paul