Re: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker Yahoo Website ???

Ara,

to get back to your question: I finally chose for
IQFeed.

1) IQFeeds backfill works good and is fast. I get
the impression it is faster than eSignal. For some reason sometimes I had
problems with the backfill using eSignal. <FONT
face=Arial size=2>What happenend was that it started backfilling in a peculiar
way to begin with and then it just lost most of the prices it backfilled giving
a chart that was incomplete and false. Did not put effort in it to find the
exact cause of this. This happened to me a couple of times.

2) IQFeed gives you 500 symbols to watch
simultaneously for 50$/month, eSignal only 50 symbols for that price. This is a
huge advantage in my opinion.

3) RT data of IQFeed comes in good and fast at
least as good as eSignal. I even think it is faster.

4) IQFeed at this stage does not allow you to view
"tick" data since they do not provide a "second" time stamp so
Amibroker only shows "minute" bars as the smallest time
interval. IQFeed say they will add the "second stamp" maybe in the spring.
With eSignal I made two databases. One with "ticks" and one with 1 minute as the
smallest interval. This because if you use ticks you need to set "number of
bars to load" to a high value and this slows down the computer and I didn't get
a whole lot of data backloaded anyway. So if I wanted to look at the tick data I
switched to the other database. Which is nice because tick data sometimes
provide important info.

So this at the moment is a major advantage for
eSignal: to be able to see tick data. But again, this will be added to IQFeed in
the future. And setting the database to load "tick" data requires a high number
for the number of bars to load which slows down the computer and on top of that
I was not getting all the data I expected.

5) eSignal shows pre- and after hours activity in
the charts  and IQFeed does not. Although IQFeed also provides pre and
after hours RT data it is not shown in the chart because IQFeed does not provide
this data in a backloaded form. TJ says that if he would make it possible to add
this data to the charts they would look like a mess because you get chunks here
and there (this is how I understand the problem). So to my knowledge this will
not be available with IQFeed. So for afterhours I use QuoteTracker linked to
InteractiveBrokers. Maybe I could link QT to IQFeed. Did not try this
yet.

6) IQFeed definitely has more spikes than eSignal.
Although eSignal also does not remove them all so it seems. I am not sure if we
could remove them easily in Amibroker. Did not look in to it yet.

7) IQFeed and eSignal seems to handle splits the
same way. To my knowledge they both do not add the split in their
data.

regards, Ed

<BLOCKQUOTE