[amibroker] Changing Watch Lists W/in AFL Program

If I didn't need the apartment for other
things, I let it go and get a wireless card for the laptop.

I assume you are in an area that has the
wireless data service available.

I have stayed online all day with no
problems.

Rik Rasmussen
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: Kevin243@xxxxxxx
  [mailto:Kevin243@xxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 10:20
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: Laptop and Wireless

  Finally getting back to answering.  Don't ever import your daily
  data into your Intraday database.  Ouch.  If you do, don't try to
  fix, just go back to the last backup.  Much quicker.

  Wireless and Intraday:

  I'm trading 30 minute bars, so I just check on markets periodically thru
  the day.  I use stops to enter and exit.  I'm a swing trader, not a
  true day trader.  I still work for a living, so I'm looking for a setup
  that allows me to check on things while  at work.  I really don't
  need to be able to go anywhere capability.  I have rented an apartment
  close to where I work, just to have access to my computer at least once a
  day.  (check them over lunch).

  $80/mth is cheaper than my rent even after taxes (office).

  Right now simple dial-up meets my intraday needs.

  Considering my situation,  what do you think?

  Kevin

  In a message dated 2/12/04 7:29:29 AM Central Standard Time,
  hrasmussen@xxxxxxxxx writes:
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  ><FONT
    face=Arial>I am on an unlimited plan with Verizon for $79.99 per month. I
    have runstreaming quotes in Qcharts and from my broker.Rik
    RasmussenOriginal Message:-----------------From: Howard
    Bandy howardbandy@xxxxxxxxxDate: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:53:32 -0700To:
    amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, howardbandy@xxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
    Re: Laptop and WirelessHi Kevin –My machines are
    off the shelf models.  The cell phone connects through a
    USBport.  Any laptop or tower will work fine.If you
    are planning on using the cell phone to receive real time quotes,
    beaware of two issues:  the cell phone will be using up minutes
    whileconnected; and data transfer rates depend on the traffic through
    the toweryou are using.  If you have a 400 minute per month package
    with freeevenings and weekends, that gives about 20 minutes per trading
    day beforegoing outside the 400 minutes.  When other users increase
    their trafficthrough the tower you are using, data you are receiving
    will slow down.  Iwould not depend on a cell phone for real time
    data.  But it works fine forend of day
    data.Howard-----Original
    Message-----From: Kevin243@xxxxxxx [mailto:Kevin243@xxxxxxx] Sent:
    Sunday, February 08, 2004 4:03 PMTo:
    amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Laptop and
    WirelessDid you build your machine?If possible, I'd
    like to buy a turnkey system?I'm interested in using it for
    Intraday trading, which I do now, but notvery
    gracefully.I did join the other Yahoo group.  Looks
    interesting.Kevin Campbell
  Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A