RE: [amibroker] Data Comparison

D. T. and Other Contributers -
First, let me say thank you for your remarkable imagination
and productivity regarding programs for AMI.  I don't post often because
you guys keep me busy studying your posts.

Artificial Intelligence started me thinking about a program I
wrote years ago (days of the TRS-80) which basicly modified a set of parameters
and then went forward and optimized again over a limited number of days.
(Tried a similar program on Race Horses but stocks worked better)  Isn't
this basicly what Artificial Intelligence is, modifying or updating parameters
to reflect changing conditions to achieve a final goal?  If so, then a
rolling or frequent optimization should give us the same effect.  If so,
then determining the parameters to be considered and giving them appropriate
weights would be the first step and then optimizing the parameters and weights
to get the best result.  I think you did this on one of your earlier posts,
20 Systems or 36 Systems?  If the above is true then what we are doing with
the current Artificial Intelligence postings is introducing another parameter,
waves and their optimization. I firmly believe that everything around us is
in the form of waves, even the weather (their prediction is a
bit difficult though).  As with the weather, as more parameters are
introduced, prediction improves so that I will be watching you progress with
great interest.

A good way to start of the New Year.  Best Wishes to all
for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

lou howard