RE: [amibroker] Re: Reply from CSI - also note on "data holes"

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Phsst,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Yes,
that's exactly what we are discussing on the phone right now.   Also,
they have provided some utilities that will (very) quickly convert CSI data to a
AB-friendly format that will include actual and backadjusted information in one
row of data.   They are walking me through how to use the utilities as
we speak.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 2:16
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Reply from CSI - also note on "data
  holes"Chuck,Did CSI give any indication of
  their intent to improve the performancerelated to accessing their DB from
  within AB?Rgrds,Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Chuck Rademacher"<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> Please forgive
  the double posting (AmiBroker and AmiBrokerDLL).   The>
  subject of CSI data has been brought up on both boards recently.>
  > The CSI Unfair Advantage Program Manager  has been in contact
  withme and is> keen to support AmiBroker users in any way
  possible.   Thanks tothose of> you who contacted Rudi, we
  seem to be getting some action.> > At the moment, CSI are
  sending me a list of un-documented things totry as> well as some
  beta software.   At some point, I will need to involveTJ
  and> Paul, but  will keep you posted.> > On the
  subject of "data holes", I can tell you that the data fromCSI
  Unfair> Advantage has none.  Occassionally one or two show up, but
  there areenough> serious users around who notify CSI of the problem
  and it is fixedwith the> next day's data distribution.
  However, if a user continues to usetheir> original data (local
  database?), they won't see the thousands ofdata fixes> that come
  through every day.   I would suggest that users of QP2 (or>
  whatever) may have a similar problem.   Perhaps your data supplier
  is> distributing fixes (missing data, splits, etc.) but you
  aren'tseeing these> changes coming into your local
  data?   Just a thought.> > Since New Zealand is the
  first country to see in the new year, Iwould like> to wish all of
  you a Happy New Year and may 2004 be a great one for
  you!Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.