[amibroker] Re: OT: Information Organization

I tried using something like Word's Outlining to "file" important
posts, but got frustrated when a post touched on several topics. For
a time I made additional copies to file under each outline topic,
but that quickly got out of hand.

After looking around I settled on InfoSelect. At $150 it was not the
cheapest, but it was the best one to meet my needs. The aspects of
InfoSelect that appealled to me are:

1. Fantastic Search speed - so I can use search rather than outline
placement to find posts on any topic. That is a real time saver for
me not only at the retrival stage but also at the filing stage
because getting it filed in exactly the right place in the outline
is not so important.

2. It is very easy to rearrange the outline. Outline items (and all
the sub items) can be moved with drag and drop.

3. More than one "instance" of InfoSelect can be open at the same
time. Thus I can have dedicated instances of InfoSelect for work
data, stock data, personal data, etc.

Info Select has a lot of other features that I do not use (email
program, mail merge, etc). I just use it to file and retrive info
and for that it is super.