From: jtelang [mailto:jtelang@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday December 31, 2003 12:14 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: JScripts - some debugging help needed

William/Dingo,

Following line is a suspect -

>   oStocks = oAB.Stocks();

In AFL world, what are you expecting oStocks to be -- an AFL array, a
constant, a string or a JScript array of objects? I could be wrong,
but I don't think you can treat such return values in pure AFL world
as if you were dealing with a JScript world. I'd think a more
appropriate way to do it would be as follows, which does seem to
work -

// ------------
EnableScript("JScript");
oAB = CreateStaticObject("Broker.Application");

// NOTE FOLLOWING TWO LINES
oStocks = oAB.Stocks();
dummyResults = oStocks.DummyFunction();

myVersion = oAB.Version();
myCount = 0;
<%
ab = new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application" );
AFL("myCount") = ab.Stocks().Count;
%>
Filter=1;
AddColumn(myCount, "Count");
AddTextColumn(myVersion,"Version");

Also, note the two lines where marked. It seems on return values like
oStocks, AB doesn't complain if it can't find the called method.
Actually I think that's going too far. AB doesn't probably even know
what type it is unless it can convert the original return value
(oStocks) into an array, a constant or a string. But that's just a
guess.

Hope this helps.

Jitu

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511