Re: [amibroker] Shifting MA's

Dave..

It's certainly interesting that you can write code
for projecting MA's ahead of current price bars....into the future so to
speak.

That makes me think that you might  be able to
also project other data into the future as well. What I have in mind
specifically is price data and my interest arises from the fact that the
"projection of price data" into the future and the manipulations that can be
done with it, account in large measure for the development of Jim Hurst's "Cycle
Analysis Program".

Jim Hurst is regarded by many to be the father of
cyclic analysis.

Maybe I could use an example to more clearly show
what I'm driving at.

Suppose you had a printed copy of a daily chart of
say the Nasdaq.....could be anything actually. Then you take an ordinary
drafting room "bow compass" and adjust the points (needle point on one end and
pencil point on the other end) to say 40 days.

Then with the needle point of the compass you trace
over the current price bar centers starting with the last bar and
working backward....simple enough and by keeping the two compass points
horizontal as you trace over the price data with the needle point you also leave
a "line trail" that's made by the pencil point.

That trail is, in effect, a projection of
 current daily prices 40 days into the future and that's<FONT
face=Arial size=2> what I would like to be able to convince the computer to
do.

It was not unusual in Hurst's program for several
price projections, of different lengths, to be drawn and shown together in what
he called "cascading patterns".

He called the projections FLD LINES for "future
lines of demarcation" and were the foundation of most of his work.

His program was detailed in 10, elaborately done,
lessons which could only be described as a labor of love.

I frequently use the bow compass projection routine
but it would be great if there were AB code available that could do the
job.

Does it sound possible?

thanks for listening,

...........Joe Platt