[amibroker] Re: Nonsense Numbers for data fields

Hal,
I met no problem importing the following data, already saved in an
A.txt file

Ticker,Date/Time,Column 0,
^NDXEXP,3/1/2000,3790.55
^NDXEXP,4/1/2000,3546.20
^NDXEXP,5/1/2000,0
^NDXEXP,6/1/2000,3340.81
^NDXEXP,7/1/2000,3529.60
^NDXEXP,10/1/2000,3717.41
^NDXEXP,11/1/2000,3544.35
^NDXEXP,12/1/2000,3478.14
^NDXEXP,13/1/2000,3612.08
^NDXEXP,14/1/2000,3704.74
^NDXEXP,18/1/2000,3757.78
^NDXEXP,19/1/2000,3790.89
^NDXEXP,20/1/2000,0
^NDXEXP,21/1/2000,3849.96
^NDXEXP,24/1/2000,3660.96
^NDXEXP,25/1/2000,3759.11
^NDXEXP,26/1/2000,-1000
^NDXEXP,27/1/2000,3593.15
^NDXEXP,28/1/2000,3446.13
including zero or negative values.
The procedure was
Import Wizard->pick files->Define fields
and tick the "Allow negative prices"
The absurd ticker was imported without problem.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hal,
> Another way to "import" tickers is to produce them through
> AddToComposite() function.
> The new ~ticker will be generated in AA window, will be
automatically
> placed into Group253 and will be there until you delete it.
> There will be no limitations for zero or even negative values.
> Example:
> Select, say ^NDX as current ticker, set Range to All quotations [to
> produce a ~ticker of equal length to ^NDX] and scan with
>
> AddToComposite(3*Random()-1,"~R1","C");
> Buy=0;
>
> Now a new "~R1" ticker is created and imported to your symbol tree.
> In indicator builder paste the
>
> Plot(Foreign("~R1","C"),"Random Close",1,1);
>
> to see the new ticker graph.
> Now, I do not know how do you produce this nonsensical series of
data
> [is there any formal method like the random function used above ?].
> More details would help to introduce your mechanism into the
> AddToComposite formula and create some specific artificial ticker.
> Many wishes for a happy new year !!
>
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hal Brehe <infoads@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to make 2 artificial data series that will not be
> logical or ."checkable" to any OHLCV sequence. That is to say,
there
> will be zeros which are logical values in my scheme that may fall
in
> any location, and the relative value of one value to another is
> strictly nonsensical. In other words, I would like to turn off the
> usual data "checking" schemes while I utilize my "synthetic stocks'
> value"
> >
> > I have spent a full day attempting to fool the present checking
> schemes, without success.
> >
> > Is there a way that the logical OHLC checking scheme can be
turned
> off, and on, to allow this type of data to be acceptable & loaded?
My