[amibroker] Re: Amibroker can't see TC2k data

I have in mind an enhancement that we can put on the AB wish list. I
don't know if it has to be programmed in the plug in or in AB, but
the REFRESH or REFRESH ALL selection under the VIEW tab is supposed
to pick up the updates to the TC2000 database.  For example lets say
you want data during the trading day on the AB regular edition and
one gets a 20 minute delayed refresh to your TC2000 data base.  You
now have to shut down AB, and then relaunch it to get the current
data.
It's a nuisance and now that we have more TC2000 datasource users,
maybe TJ can get to it sometime next year. (I haven't tried it on
the V 4.5 and from your notes it's apparently not changed). On the
other hand Amiquote requires AB to be up and running to import data
to the AB database.

Another good practice for AB/TC2000 users is to dedicate 400 MB of
disk space to the HARD DRIVE CHARTS feature of the TC2000, otherwise
you will find it's slow to pull -- for example the Russell 2000
tickers in the AB internal cache - since the plug in works over the
CD drive to get the historical data, and on my notebook it was very
apparent.  You could hear the activity and you could watch the plug
in accessing the data as it was much slower. I have to qualify that
because it was on the first access of the data.  Once the data is in
the internal cache then all AB analysis was at RAM speed.

Merry Christmas
JOE