  >From:
  Phsst
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 9:58
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Historical
  volume filtering
  Al,Under QP2 Help -> Index search on the keyword
  'raw'The Raw functions return the unsplit adjusted
  values.QP_RawOpen(day As Integer, symbol As String)Returns the
  Opend for the day that you choose.QP_RawHigh(DayNumberNumber As
  Integer, symbol As String)Returns the High for the day that you
  choose.QP_RawLow(DayNumber As Integer, symbol As String)Returns
  the Low for the day that you choose.QP_RawClose(DayNumber As Integer,
  symbol As String)Returns the Close for the day that you
  choose.QP_RawVolume(DayNumber As Integer, symbol As String)Returns
  the Volume for the day that you choose.QP_RawOI(DayNumber As Integer,
  symbol As String)Returnds the Open Interest for the day that you
  choose.QP_RawDate(DayNumber As Integer, symbol As String)Returns
  the Date for the day that was passed.Regards,Phsst--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:>
  Thanks, Ed. I am a QP2 user, too, and I didn't know they did that.Can you
  tell me more about the Excel functions that can retrieveunadjusted prices
  and volumes, or should I contact QP2? > > Al V. >
  Winters >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Historical volume filtering> >
  >   Chuck,>   QP2 maintains split adjusted
  and unadjusted prices and volumes aswell. Amibroker has a plugin for QP2
  but I don't think it currentlyhas the ability to retrieve the Raw data,
  but there are Excelfunctions which can retrieve the unadjusted prices and
  volumes.>   Regards,>
  volume filtering> > >     Mornin'
  Al,> >     My first email for the day and I
  haven't had my cuppa yet!> >     I get my
  data from CSI Unfair Advantage.   To my knowledge, itis the only
  data supplier that provides both actual and backadjustedprices and
  volume.    I convert the CSI data to MetaStock
  format,placing the actual close in the open interest column.
  It is possibleto "squeeze" other data into the open interest column such
  asearnings, dividends, etc., but I'm not at the moment.   Since
  openinterest is an integer field, I multiply the actual close by
  100before placing it in the field.   If I was writing some AFL
  to filterprice and volume, I might say something like:>
  >     BuyOK = OI > 100 and Volume >
  200000;       // 100 =
  $1>     ShortOK = OI > 600 and Volume >
  300000;    //  600 = $6>
  >     I'm afraid that I don't understand your
  question aboutsegmenting stocks.   I simply have actual and
  backadjusted prices allin the O,H,L,C,V and OI fields in the MetaStock
  data.> >     As to your first question, I
  came up with something that worksfor scaling the turnover
  filter.   It is the most basic solution andthe mathematicians
  would be quite critical of it.... but it works:>
  >     LB =
  BarIndex()-245;>     SPXVol =
  Foreign(".SPX","Volume",fixup=1);>
  CurrentSPXVolAvg = MA(SPXVol,245);>
  BaseSPXVolAvg = Ref(MA(SPXVol,245),-LB);>
  VolRatio = CurrentSPXVolAvg / BaseSPXVolAvg;>
  MinTurnover = 100000 * (VolRatio / 3);>
  >     The above basically calculates the 245-day
  moving average of S&Pvolume at any point in the data and compares it
  to the 245-day movingaverage in the first year of data.   That
  ratio then gets divided bythree (arbitrary) and multiplied by
  100000.   The effect is, in 1985 Iwould be filtering with a
  minimum turnover of $100,000 and currentlyabout $500,000.>
  >     I hope that answers your questions... now for
  that cuppa> >
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  ADVERTISEMENT>

  >        >