Re: [amibroker] Implications of Minimum Volumes (was Historical volume)

b,

I appreciate what you are saying, but 25% of 6000 stocks (3000 NYSE and
3000 NAZ) is still 1500 stocks. That's quite a lot of stocks to test your system
on. I really don't think you'll have a paucity of stocks to test with using
volumes of 300 to 500 K or more, do you? Selecting high volume stocks insures
you of good liquidity and mitigates slippage and big bid/ask spreads. So, I
think it is to your advantage to filter out the low volume stocks. Your
resulting universe, even if it is only several hundred, is still plenty large
enough to provide statistical validity to your performance findings.

AV

<BLOCKQUOTE