RE: [amibroker] Re: Slippage/Commission - Sliding scale - AFL code

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Excellent, b.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
hadn't thought of doing that in AFL, although it is what I do in my Delphi
application.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Hopefully Fred and Uenal will be able to do something similar.... no
rush.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: b519b
  [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 5:49
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Slippage/Commission - Sliding scale - AFL code---
  "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> In the case of
  slippage, however, it would be even> better (again IMO) to be able to
  specify a different > percentage depending on the price. I think you
  would > agree that lower priced stocks are likely to> have
  higher slippage.Although I am a very green learner with respect to
  what can and can not be done with these new backtesters (Fred and UM have
  done some amazing work), here is an idea that works in regular
  AFL.First, set AB's commission settings to 0 (zero). Then use the
  following code modified to your own assumptions about
  slippage.//***************************************************slippage
  = 0.50 + 2/open; BuyPrice = CoverPrice = Open * (1 +
  slippage/100);//SellPrice = ShortPrice = Open * (1 -
  above will give a minimum slippage of 0.25% and then increases the
  slippage estimate as an inverse ofprice.A $100 stock will have
  slippage of 0.52%A $10 stock will have slippage of 0.70%A $1 stock
  will have slippage of 2.50%A 50 cent stock will have slippage of
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.