[amibroker] Re: Slippage/Commission (was PORTFOLIO TRADER v1.04)

Leaving PT as it is for commissions i.e. with the ability to specify
either $ or % and then adding slippage is no big deal.  Another 6
lines of code.  I would have done it this morning but I was in a rush.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> You are absolutely correct, Fred.   But you already knew that much.
>
> That's why I prefer to use percentages for commision.   By doing
so, I am
> able to build in slippage.   Since I am guaranteed to be filled at
the open
> price, it's easier for me to simply use 1% for commissions.   If I
didn't
> have that ability (guaranteed open price), I would probably use 1
to 2%
> since that would cover 0.2 to 0.5% commission and adequate (IMO)
slippage.

amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   >   --------------------------------------------
>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>   Service.
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx