RE: [amibroker] Re: Yo Chuck ... Regarding Staying within Hedge contract boundaries ...

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Fantastic, thanks.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
would never distribute your software.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 4:35
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Yo Chuck ... Regarding Staying within Hedge contract boundaries
  ...You asked for it ... you got it ... Toyota
  ...I will send you along an "alpha" version direct shortly for your
  perusal and testing ... please read the revision history as there are
  other things in there that will affect what you are doing.
  Please  don't redistribute as at this juncture it will hardly be
  thoroughly tested.Fair enough ?--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x>
  wrote:> Yes, thanks.   That will work for
  me.>   -----Original Message----->   From:
  Fred [mailto:fctonetti@xxxx]>   Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003
  4:24 AM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Yo Chuck ... Regarding Staying within
  <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:>   > I prefer scenario
  #1, thanks.>   >   -----Original
  Message----->   >   From: Fred
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxx]>   >   Sent: Tuesday,
  June 10, 2003 4:17 AM>   >   To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   >   Subject:
  [amibroker] Re: Yo Chuck ... Regarding Staying within>
  Hedge>   > contract boundaries ...>
  >>   >>   >
  Chuck,>   >>   >   Ok here's
  the deal ... I understand the desire to be able to
  deal>   >   with the percentage(s) in a
  dynamic way and given that the>
  parameters>   >   are defined in the main AFL
  and will therefore I think be "global">
  >   you may very well be getting what you ask for if you set
  and/or>   reset>   >   them
  in the scoring function.>   >>
  >   But that aside for a moment ... I can do either of the
  scenarios I>   >   outlined in my last post
  without having to constrict you to>   50/50
  ...>   >   the question is which would you
  prefer ...>   >>   >   In
  scenario 1 ... you pick one number ... say 50 and it will
  keep>   >   investments between 75/25 and
  25/75 i.e. within 50% of each other>   >
  but it won't care whether you are long 75% or short 75% or>
  anywhere>   >   in between, it will take
  positions in securities based on the>
  order>   >   they are ranked in as long as that
  doesn't violate whatever the>   >
  parameter value is ...>   >>
  >   Scenario 2 ... you pick two numbers ... say 80 and 50 and it
  will>   >   constrain the longs to be
  between those two percentages of total>
  >   investements ...>   >>
  >   All of the above assumes there are enough candidates on
  whichever>   >   side that have been
  ranked.  If there aren't the balance goes to>
  cash>   >   until there are.>
  >>   >   Keep in mind which ever scenario you
  pick and even if you can>   change>
  >   these from the scoring function that the trading routines
  will NOT>   >   instantly close positions to
  get in line with the new percentage>
  (s),>   >   they will only do so as positions
  are exited based on scoring.>   >>
  >   and ... I don't care if you ask questions as to how something
  will>   >   work or should work or you want
  to work, but I don't assume when I>   >
  ask you a question that someone elses answer is the sme as
  your>   >   answer, again for the same
  reasons stated earlier.>   >>
  >   Fred>   >>
  >   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck
  Rademacher">   >   <chuck_rademacher@x>
  wrote:>   >   > I will try very hard to
  answer your questions in as much detail>
  as>   >   possible,>
  >   > without asking another question.>
  >   >>   >   > I would like
  to be able to dynamically indicate what percentage>
  of>   >   available>
  >   > funds can be applied to long trades and what percentage
  could be>   >   applied
  to>   >   > short trades.>
  >   >>   >   > The reason
  that I say "dynamically" is because I would like to>
  be>   >   able to>
  >   > change the ratio from (say) 75% long when the trend is
  up and>   25%>   >   long
  when>   >   > the trend is
  down.>   >   >>
  >   > That is what I would like to do.   I would be
  satisfied with>   being>   >
  > constrained to always being 50% long and 50% short.>
  >   >>   >   > I can do
  something in my AFL to make sure that you always have>
  >   enough buy>   >   > and
  short signals to satisfy the minimum number of positions
  to>   >   have on in>
  >   > each direction, even if the ticker I use is for a
  bond-type of>   fund.>
  Message----->   >   >   From: Fred