[amibroker] Re: 10 parallel portfolios (new name for thread)

Some of them, sort of ...

For the issues unrelated to multiple or sub portfolios, with regards
to MoneyMarket interest, the ability to deal with that is in the
current version in the files section.  Additionally whatever MMkt
fund you point at PT can be explicitly include or exclude it from
ranking depending on your preference and the parameter setting.
Margin, slippage and/or commissions, stops etc. are still things that
need to be looked at but are separate items from multiple or sub
portfolios per se.

I never suggested that one should not have multiple portfolios but
that in and of itself does not appear to be a reason to have PT be
able to deal with them all simultaneously.

I guess the real question is if you are not gonna rob the rich
portfolio to pay the poor portfolio then why not just set up mutliple
scoring methods to drive your different portfolios and run them
totally separately ?  I have already explained in one of my posts to
Chuck that it is my desire to be able to have a catalog of scoring
mechanisms that can be used at will without modification to the main
AFL but that's still in development albeit hopefully semi near term.

For each run that you set up for each of your individual portfolios
you by definition today get a resulting account file which will have
the equity curve numbers associated with it and if necessary if would
be a simple enough task to combine multiple account files into a
master account file that shows the overall equity line ...

Doesn't that suffice without making PT more complicated then it
already is ?

Fred