[amibroker] Re: ABtool v0.0.5 beta - Bug #2 ?

Uenal,

I don't think I've violated any of the prinicples you laid out.

Basically this piece of AFL:

1.  Defines the columns for Table #1
2.  Loads the rows for Table #1 which contain Ticker, Date/Time,
Close and other information for each stock in the WL for each day
from a number of bars back up through the last bar for the last
Ticker.
3.  Sorts Table #1 on date

4.  Defines the columns for Table #2
5.  Loops though Table #1 selecting certain rows and saves the
information from the cells in the rows into varaibles and then stores
them in the next available row of Table #2 one cell at a time so that
Table #2 has no more then N rows per per bar as opposed to having one
row for every Symbol per bar.

Is this in some way not a valid thing to do ?

One other thing I happened to notice which I will make mention of for
others trying to get used to table handling is that it appears that
when doing a TableDataGet that the first row (row 0) contains the
column headings as opposed to the first row of data.  This is not a
bad thing per se but can cause rather bizarre things to happen if one
attempts to treat it as one would other rows.

With regards to your comment about the coding of this

    for (j = 1; j < TableGetRowCount(th1); j++)

versus this

   m = TableGetRowCount(th1);
   for (j = 1; j < m; j++)

I'm surprised that you seem to be suggesting that the first
methodology that should work doesn't and the second methodology that
doesn't work should or did I read your comments incorrectly.  This
code was NOT used to add new rows to an existing table but instead to
inspect the rows that exist in Table #1 (Task #5 above) after it was
fully loaded.

Fred

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.