[amibroker] Re: ABtool v0.0.5 beta - What is this t hing?

Hi fred,

  It still needs some work,

  At the moment it it only contains

START DATE	END DATE	FINAL EQUITY	PER OF WINTRADES
	MAXLOSSTRADE	MAXWINTRADE

  The data is only the data from an exploration, so it does not
contain the data of e.g.
 if there a are 200 different tickers in the sheet it would not have
the whole history of all these 200 tickers,
  It only contains the data of the buy day and sell day,( the data
needed to calculate the profits, the rank data, buy and sell dates).
The buy and sell data of a completed trade of a ticker, from the ami
exploration is in 1 row.

wouldnt the draw down be able to be worked out from the profit and
loss results, as it is testing multiple tickers which is basically
like testing 1 ticker.

2) The overlapping dates is handled correctly,

  the buy date is sorted first in descending order, and the rank
value
is the second sort order, so if 20  different tickers  buydates fall
on the same day ,then the ticker on the day with the highest ranking
will be the first selection.
The rank is in ascending order.

the highest rank is kept in sheet 1,
 the next ticker to be kept on sheet 1 will need a buydate that is
greater than the previous sell date.

 So The the rank value will be used as the first choice if there are
more than 1 ticker with the same buydate.
  Then by comparing the buy date to the previous rows sell date,
   If the buy date is less than or equal to the previous tickers sell
date , it will be placed on a new sheet.

  The first sheet now contains no overlapping dates.

    This is repeated for the other sheets.

 I would need to add code to control the amount traded.
 At the moment it compounds, but will stop trading, when the equity
of the last trade  was around $1000.00
  I was also thinking of using a percentage of the volume*close of
the previous day as a maximum value to trade if the equity was > than
that value.

Peter.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping