[amibroker] Margaret River Oz (was something about voting) (way, way OT) ^_-

Hi Graham,

Saturday, April 26, 2003, 11:21:16 AM, you wrote:

G> You would be better at the opposite corner of Oz at Margaret River where
G> they hold the championships.

Where they have some surprisingly good wines, too.  ^_-  We went down
there about 18 months ago and had a grand time touring the whole
general area and stopping in for tasting at dozens and dozens of
wineries. One of the finest lunches I've had in a long time, I'm
talking a truly world class repast, was just outside of Pemberton
(not *exactly* Margaret River, but a hell of a lot closer than Sydney
or Cairns) at the Gloucester Ridge Winery.
http://www.gloucester-ridge.com.au/

Had a Cabernet Sauvignon with lunch that was absolutely to die for.
The food was right on a par with the wine, too.  I mean, this place
is virtually at the, pardon the expression, butt-end of planet earth
-- next stop either Antarctica or Africa, take your pick.  But
civilized? I guess!! A tip of the Japanese boushi (hat) (帽子)
to my wine making friends in Oz.  (second set of parentheses should
reveal the two Chinese characters for "hat" or "boushi" to those of
you who insist you are getting Japanese characters in your email)
("boushi" is pronounced like bow -- bow & arrow bow -- as opposed to
the Japanese greeting 'bow', only a bit longer sound, and a short,
clipped "she")

There is one drawback to Western Australia however, and it is a big
one.  The state bird is some kind of really annoying, and really
aggressive, fly.  I mean this sucker is really a pest.  It drove us
OFF some beaches and attractions.  It goes for the eyes and ears, and
it goes for them in units of hundreds and thousands.  Take repellant.
Take HAZMAT suits.  Take a gun; they are big enough to shoot.  These
things are *really* annoying.  Maybe the wine expertise in W.A. is
partially to take one's mind off the damn flies.  Maybe if you are
inebriated enough, you don't mind them as much.  ^_-

Best,

Yuki

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM