  >From:
  Herman vandenBergen

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxx Com
  Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 6:29
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Atc Loop Demo

  DT Challenged me
  for a loop demo :-) so here is one, attached.
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  This shows how to
  optimize a system using loops, substitute your own trading system and vary the
  parameter's function and values. This was my first application for testing the
  new looping function. Here I use a Loop in an Exploration to optimize the
  system to three degrees. As i go along I save the best Equities obtained with
  the 2nd and 3rd opt parameters in a stock-specific Calibration file - using
  the AddToComposite(). I read back the data from the Composite and display the
  results in The result table.
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  The lower part is
  repeats the trading system and shows how you can read back parameters and use
  them into your system.
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  Throughout you
  will find some tricks, such as to display zero-based exploration data at
  the current date range in your result table.
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  Now you ask: why
  do all this work? Some reasons:
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  1) You can
  backtest groups of stocks and save their individual optimization values
  (somebody wished for this on the list)
  2) You don't ever
  have to type in optimized values, they are read from your
  disk.
  3) Opt1 in the
  Optimization part is, in this demo, assigned to a period, but it could
  just as well be the value of a trend indicator. This would allow you to create
  calibration values to perform under various trending conditions. You would
  optimize a large number of stocks and create (automatically) a calibration
  file for each stock. Then when you are using your trading system you would
  obtain the Opt1 from your trending indicator and based on it, you would select
  the other two parameters. What do you have: an adaptive trading
  system.
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  Have fun, I hope
  some others can explain any questions that may come up. I have to get back to
  another project :-)
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  best
  regards,
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>Herman.
  <SPAN
  class=780001204-26042003>
  Ps. If you click
  the Check button you'll get a Look-Ahead error, I believe this is due to the
  using the Atc. The trading system is incidental anyway - you should substitute
  your own!Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.