From: "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 1:51 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Poll results for amibroker - README

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
wrote:
> Sorry folks, but this poll is pretty SCARY! In fact i am wetting my
pants!

> I would much prefer to have Tomasz concentrate on overall
versatility and
> afl enhancements in general, i.e. work on FEATURES THAT YOU CANNOT
FIND
> ANYWHERE ELSE AND THAT WILL BENEFIT EACH AND EVERY USER.
>
> Face it: almost all special indicators can be implemented with a
little bit
> of work around, some looping, some scripts, or in the extreme case
with a
> DLL. The DLL-list has considerable expertise and some very helpful
people.

> If you really think your special indicator will make you a lot of
money then
> it is worth your while to learn (remember the word?) a few new
things.
> Perhaps even pay (YES!) somebody to write a DLL for you. Also, if a
special
> indicator is really that important to you then you could find some
other
> users and combine efforts to get the job done, perhaps even share
the cost
> of hiring somebody for a few hours.
>
> To have TJ sweat on that many individual indicators to have some
user try it
> out and to find that it after all doesn't do the job and to never
look at it
> again, is a waste of time. Yes: I have been there and done it!
>
> Let us be honest: we want those indicators to "try them out" not
because we
> "know" that they are going to make us rich. From the last 200
indicators
> that you tried, how many have made you rich? Obviously not too
many...It is
> like looking for the HG: there is NO single million dollar
indicator.

> Any indicator that has less than 20 (30?) votes should be ignored.

I will never agree. Never.
16 gentle members aske for
LINEARREG, LINREGSLOPE, TSF, 16 votes
Will you tell them they are "less than 20"?
They vote LINEARREG, LINREGSLOPE, TSF because they *believe* they
need LINEARREG, LINREGSLOPE, TSF for their own personal reasons, to
make money or make code excersise or just make fun or anything else.
Just a little respect to their *declared* opinion would not be bad.
Except if you provide full codes to create their LINEARREG,
LINREGSLOPE, TSF variable input, this would probably give you reason
to write similar comments. It is at least democratic to pay respect
to others vote, no matter if you agree or not, no matter if you vote
or not. I didnīt vote, because I did not agree to vote, but I
consider the 16 or the 3 or the single vote as important and serious.
They are well repsected humans, you can not skip them because they
are "less than 20".
DT
Why?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM