RE: [amibroker] Re: Jayson (or TJ) QP2 database efficiency

<SPAN
class=189332904-25042003>Psst,
<SPAN
class=189332904-25042003>
in QP
apply your filter. Choose file/save as QP symbol list.  this exports your
filtered list. Now import this list as a watchlist in AB. When you run your
tests/scans/explorations in AA choose this watchlist. This way AB looks only at
your universe. Using the method you describe AB must look at every stock and
index in the data base to determine if it passes your
filter.
<SPAN
class=189332904-25042003>
You
could also create a watchlist by exploring your whole database with filter
applied then rt clicking the results and choose send all to watch list. I prefer
the QP approach since it allows me to do easily set up watchlist using a variety
of price volume and fundamental criteria...
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: phsst
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 12:08
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Jayson (or TJ) QP2 database efficiencyI too filter
stocks by price under $5, along with other restrictions.But since you
state that TJ has made the QP2 plugin pretty fast...I'll trust it
too.But one final question... is it unusual for a full database
backtestto take 8 minutes to complete... including filtering of stocks
lessthan $5 in price? Thanks for the
feedback.Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Psst,> I do not use the all stocks
option as there are many, many stocksthere that> I would not even
consider trading. For instance the qp database has over> 2200 stocks
under $5, almost 600 less than a dollar. Instead Ifilter a list> that
meets my trading universe criteria. I suppose there are pro'sand
cons> to both approaches. Using the enable local storage option will
speedthings> a bit but Tomasz has made the QP plug in pretty
fast.> > Jayson> -----Original Message-----> From:
phsst [mailto:phsst@xxxx]> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 10:56
PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Jayson (or
TJ) QP2 database efficiency> > > Jayson,> >
You made a post earlier today that did not register for a few hours,> so
I apologize for not linking into the original thread.> > I believe
that you posted that it only takes you a couple minutes to> ripple thru
your QP2 database to create new indexes.> > Here is my
question:> > I link directly to my QP2 database rather than using
QP2 to update the> native AB database.> > Then, using the
'Groups / All Stocks' option to backtest or explore> against the entire
QP2 database, it usually takes about 8 minutes per> backtest or explore
on my 1.7 ghz system.> > Am I using the system in the most
efficient way? Or should I specify> the 'local database' option and let
the system spend a few minutes> each day to update a native AB database
from my QP2 database in order> to speed up things on all subsequent
backtests an explores?> > Thanks in advance,> >
Phsst> > > >
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor> > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.