Haven't use Miner's software.  A person can usually eyeball the time relationships.  Say the up move was about a month, so starting looking for a bottom at 1/2 a month, a month, a month and a half, etc.  Tedious, but can be done.  Many of his price patterns can easily programmed in Metastock or Amibroker.  I'm glad that Amibroker has the versatility to program the code for the average swings, not to mention the other possibilites.  I'll have to get out his manual out and go through it again.    I'm currently using a my own version of Bill Williams software, both Intraday and Daily.  I need to explore weekly also.  I really like the flexibility of switching time frames.  I keep two Ami databases up at the same time - Intraday and Daily/Weekly/Monthly.  I always end up second guessing the signals.  Not Good.

Anyway, there is probably too much emphasis put on trading systems anyway.  I've discovered Money Management will make or break you and quite quickly.  It seems that all the really big or notorious traders made and lost fortunes with very aggressive money management.  Have studied Vince's work and such and put into practice.    I have started to incorporate simple money management schemes into AFL, such as 2% of capital.  It is an eye opener, when your about to enter a trade and the money management math shows a trade twice the size you expected or half the size......

Kevin

In a message dated 4/24/03 6:45:47 PM Central Daylight Time, jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Kevin,
 You will find this place to be far different than Equis. Tomasz has almost magical powers in anticipating what users want/need. Fib time would indeed be a very nice addition. Have you used miners dynamic trading software?

Jayson -----Original Message-----
From: Kevin243@xxxxxxx [mailto:Kevin243@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 7:09 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: trends

I'm new to Amibroker.  Converting over from Metastock.  I've always been interested in Robert Miner's work.  I was going to try to write some AFL for the swings, that Jayson did.  I have it and am using it already.

Now, if we can just get the over-worked Tomasz to create Fib Time tool like the Fib Price tool (only sideways).  I tried to talk Equis into making a tool like that and got nowhere.  Same with Elwave.....

I've studied enough Elliot wave theory and applied it, that I'm now cursed with it.  All I see are Elliot waves.  There is a real art to trading Elliot waves successfully.  I think Miner's approach is as good as it gets.

I spend so much time trading, it's tough to find time to develop systems....

Kevin