RE: [amibroker] Re: Automation Interface - can't open

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>William - actually you can use early binding if you use the Broker.tlb
type lib.  Although TJ suggested that I use the late binding.  To do
early binding you have to add a reference to Broker.tlb in your VB
project.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Also,
after you do this then the object explorer will let you view the different
objects and methods.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: William Peters
  [mailto:williampeters@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003
  1:05 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] Re: Automation Interface - can't
  openUM Wrote:"do you use a registered version
  or an eval version of AB?"This does not matter, an eval version should
  support this.I cant think of any other possible causes at this stage
  particularily if you can create other objects without any issues.If I
  understand the other part of your question correctly, Amibroker COM interface
  doesn't support early binding.Regards,William
  Peters-----Original Message-----From:
  uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday 24
  April, 2003 4:17 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [amibroker] Re: Automation Interface - can't openI can't imagine
  what the reason might be. WHich OS do you use?And, do you use a registered
  version or an eval version of AB?(not sure if there are any differences
  among them in respect tothe COM interface).UM-----
  Original Message ----- From: "robby4c" <rcole@xxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 12:57
  AMSubject: [amibroker] Re: Automation Interface - can't
  open> Hi UM--> Can't create "Broker.Application", even
  if AB running.  As I can't> create the object through "OLE/COM
  Viewer" tool as well (AB running or> not), I am concerned that
  something is not right.  Anyone else> experience problem with
  creating "Broker.Application" object??> > --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:> > Hi
  robby4c,> > AB must be running at the same, is it?  :-)>
  From: "robby4c" <rcole@xxxx>> > To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003
  11:39 PM> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Automation Interface - can't
  open> > > > > > > Hi William-> >
  of the help files > > > and other relevant documentation - you
  may note that the example I > > > gave is essentially from the
  example scripts in the "Automation > > > Object Model" section of
  the help, relative to using the new > > > automatic analysis
  object.  My question rephrased is:  If I run the > > >
  referenced examples, why do I get the stated error on the JScript >
  > > statement at the beginning which instantiates the > > >
  AB "Broker.Application" COM object?  Also, why can I not open this
  > > > object via the MS OLE/COM Object Viewer tool?  In both
  cases, > > > JScript/VBScript and Object Viewer, other COM
  objects can be opened > > > as expected. > > >
  > > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Peters" >
  > > <williampeters@xxxx> wrote:> > > >
  Hello,> > > > > > > > If you do a search for
  "ActiveXObject" in the help file you fill > > > find some
  examples that will help you.> > > > > > > >
  Here is an example:> > > > AB = new
  ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");> > > > > > >

  [mailto:rcole@xxxx]> > > > Sent: Thursday 24 April, 2003 1:57
  Subject: [amibroker] Automation Interface - can't open> > > >
  Jscript/VBScript facilities, but I can't > > > open > >
  > > a new instance of the "Broker.Application" object.  With either
  error:> > > > "Could not create object named
  "Broker.Application"", in response > > > to:> > >
  > "var AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application"); (JScript)> >
  utility, I see > > > > that "Broker.Application" and
  "Broker.Document" are registered, > > > but > > >
  > I cannot create an instance of either through the Object Viewer.
  otherwise seems to work just > > > fine.  > > >
  > Ordinary VB/JS scripts not requiring "Broker.Application"  appear
  > > > to > > > > work correctly.> >
  find any reference to this > > > > in past
  postings.Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
  Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.