  >From:
  <A title=jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Jayson
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 7:27
  AM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: trends

  <SPAN
  class=098330917-24042003>Ron,
  <SPAN
  class=098330917-24042003>
  in
  AA run the following portion of the original code as an exploration. Set your
  n last days=    n=1 to the number of days prior to today that
  you want reported...
  <SPAN
  class=098330917-24042003>
  <SPAN
  class=098330917-24042003>
  //*Swing Counts Jayson Casavant
  4/21/03*//

  pds=Param(<FONT
  size=2>"ATR PDS",50<FONT
  size=2>,1,<FONT
  size=2>200,1<FONT
  color=#282828 size=2>);
  x=ATR<FONT
  color=#0000ff>(pds);
  y=(x/C<FONT
  size=2>)*100<FONT
  color=#0000ff>;
  start=Cum(<FONT
  size=2>1)==LastValue<FONT
  size=2>(Cum(<FONT
  size=2>1<FONT
  color=#0000ff>))-pds;
  zigstate=Param(<FONT
  size=2>"1=Norm, 2=Reversed",<FONT
  size=2>1,1<FONT
  size=2>,2,<FONT
  size=2>1<FONT
  color=#0000ff>);
  state=IIf(zigstate==<FONT
  size=2>1,Zig<FONT
  size=2>(C,<FONT
  size=2>2*LastValue<FONT
  size=2>(y))>Ref(<FONT
  size=2>Zig(C<FONT
  size=2>,2*<FONT
  size=2>LastValue(y)),-1<FONT
  size=2>),Zig(<FONT
  size=2>C,2<FONT
  size=2>*LastValue(y))<<FONT
  size=2>Ref(Zig<FONT
  size=2>(C,<FONT
  size=2>2*LastValue<FONT
  size=2>(y)),-1<FONT
  color=#0000ff>));
  spread=2*<FONT
  size=2>LastValue<FONT
  color=#0000ff>(y);
  A1=Zig(<FONT
  size=2>C,2<FONT
  size=2>*LastValue<FONT
  color=#0000ff>(y));
  up=A1>Ref(A1,-<FONT
  size=2>1) <FONT
  size=2>AND Ref<FONT
  size=2>(A1,-1)<<FONT
  size=2>Ref(A1,-2<FONT
  color=#282828 size=2>);
  dn=A1<Ref(A1,-<FONT
  size=2>1) <FONT
  size=2>AND Ref<FONT
  size=2>(A1,-1)><FONT
  size=2>Ref(A1,-2<FONT
  color=#282828 size=2>);

  Filter=up <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>OR dn<FONT
  color=#282828 size=2>;<FONT
  color=#0000ff size=2>
  AddColumn(up,<FONT color=#ff00ff
  size=2>"Turning up");<FONT
  color=#0000ff size=2>
  AddColumn(dn,<FONT color=#ff00ff
  size=2>"Turning down");

   Jayson
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: rmortonmd
  [mailto:ronmd@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 12:39
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  trends--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
  <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:Jayson,Thanks for the information.
  I understand your point but I'm using the EOD data and what I would like
  to do is to use this indicator as a scan to pick up those stocks that have
  started on the upside of the swing so that I can cone down on those charts
  for review.  Currently, I've been having to go through each chart
  manually to do this, I was hoping that this would be one way to speed up
  the process.  I agree that by itself it may not be an appropriate
  indicator to generate buy/sell signals.  I am just looking for an
  easy way to try and narrow down the database to a manageable  number
  of stocks (10 or so) that I can then watch the next day in real
  time.  Can that process be done with this indicator?  If so,
  could you help me with writing the code.Thanks,Ron>
  Ron,> > You really should not use any indicator using zig to
  choose entry at the> turns. The reason for this has been hashed
  over dozens of times on this> forum but a quick summary is that the
  leg (turns) may well change in real> time. Check the archives for a
  more thorough discussion of Zigzag.  My> indicator is designed
  instead to compare the current swing  to the past 3> swings in
  the same direction.> > Jayson> -----Original
  Message-----> From: rmortonmd [mailto:ronmd@xxxx]> Sent:
  Thursday, April 24, 2003 11:39 AM> To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: trends>
  > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
  <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Jayson,> > Very impressive
  study, all of the stocks that I have been watching> would have been
  picked up much earlier than I did by manually> looking at the
  charts.  Is it possible to set up a scan where you> could look at
  stocks after they are say 3-4 days (or some other> appropriate #) after
  the upturn of the latest swing?  Any help in> setting this up
  would be appreciated.> ron> > > Rick,>
  >> > a picture is worth a thousand words....> >>
  up, therefore I am> calculating> > Impulse waves. Swing 1 is
  the previous wave up, swing 2 the wave> prior and> > swing 3
  the wave prior to that. The top the chart identifies which>
  direction> > the calculations are being made for. If you wanted to
  see the> calculations> > for the reaction waves (the down
  waves) use the parameter switch.> The first> > line "Bars
  since swing" is giving the running calculation of the> swing in>
  > progress, The averages are based on the prior 3 swings and does>
  not include> > the swing in progress.> >> > The
  green bars are marking the the first bar after the turn, the> white
  bar> > marks the first bar considered in the ATR look back. If the
  state> was down> > the red bars would be marking the first
  bar after the down swing.> >> > Elliot and Miner view
  Impulse and reaction moves as different> animals. When> >
  calculating the up moves you use data from previous up moves when> >
  calculating down moves you use data from previous down moves.>
  >       Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>
  > > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send
  SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  group FAQ at: <A