RE: [amibroker] Re: quotetracker & esignal

Yes, have to be
online to get data.  Data is "data on demand" which means it only downloads
symbols that are active in Amibroker.  If you do
not chart/explore/scan on IBM, for example, it will not update the
historical data for IBM even though it is in your Stock
Tree.
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
When you close
Amibroker, it will save all collected data to a data file on disk.  You can
backtest either on this saved data while offline or you can backtest on live
data while online.
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
Every once in a
while I will run a "dummy" explore on all stocks in my stock tree to force it to
download historical data to make sure I keep files up to
date.
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Adrian Zaremba
  [mailto:headcutter@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 11:57
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  quotetracker & esignal"One can accumulate
  historical intraday data over time.  You can backtest on this
  data."Do I have to be online to accumulate it or I just need to log on
  from time to time to downlaod it?"The data only goes back about 30
  or 60 days, can't remember which."Can I download it and then backtest
  this data so it wont dissapear over time?Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.