RE: [amibroker] off topic - laptop & cell phone for data & internet in US

<FONT color=#000080
size=2>Mohan,
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
Depends on a lot
of things.  For one, where will you be?  Not all areas have digital
service and even if they do, sometimes one cannot connect to the web with a cell
phone, who knows why.  Also web access from cell phones to computers
will be SLOOOOWWW.
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
Note however,
that you can use a web based cell phone to look up quotes and make trades
without a computer as long as you are in a digital service area and can
connect.  You can always get quotes, but to do trades you must have a
broker who is set up for this.  For example, Fidelity is one broker
who will allow cell phone trades. (But for some reason they do not allow
placing SHORT trades via cell phone!)
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
The best option I
have found is to have an account with AOL (or other national provider).  No
matter what city I am in (including Mexico!) I can always find a local AOL phone
number.  Then when I am in the hotel room, I use my laptop modem to dial in
and connect.
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
I take a very
long phone cord with me since most times the phones are by the bed away from the
room desk.

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Mohan Yellayi
  [mailto:myellayi@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 10:00
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] off
  topic - laptop & cell phone for data & internet in
  US
  I would like to download data into a laptop
  through a cell phone & browse internet occasionally to monitor stock
  prices and place trades. Has anyone found a good cell phone service provider
  and a good ( inexpensive ) service plan? Or are there any beeter options for
  doing this. I will be trvelling around in the US.

  Thanks fro your help.

  MohanSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.