RE: [amibroker] Another question with QuoteTracker

Here is an email I sent out not too long ago (25March) re QT and AB
If this does not help, then might be able to think up something else

""
For those not trading US time, particularly dumb Ozzies like me.
This is probably known to everyone else, but I have finally worked out a bit
more on this intraday chart view.
So far I got the importing of data sorted out so I could produce some
history for the charts. Very slow process as I had to copy/paste each
symbol/day at a time from my source, then create excel spreadsheet to change
this raw data into usable csv files. Glad I know a little about excel so
that I could automate most of this with macros, but time consuming
nonetheless. I also only have a basket of 100 stocks on my master watchlist,
hate to do the exercise with all 1400 stocks.
Now I have been trying to work out the filter of weekends and out of market
hours as per the intraday database settings in AB. Finally got it. My
problem is the basing of everything on US EST, this is an operational
problem for me, not a negative of AB. I have always set the trading hours in
the database settings to match the ASX market hours. Ie it is currently +16
hours from US EST (soon to be +15 when daylight saving ends), and the market
hours I put in as 10:00am to 4:10pm. That last bit was my problem. I
actually should have put in the equivalent US EST times here,. How did I
work this out? I thought "What is the least likely thing I would do to get
the program to respond properly?" (just kidding) So I changed this to 6pm to
1:10am, and voila, the chart shows at my correct time for ASX, and out of
hours trades are gone.
The filter weekends does not seem to stay clicked for me, but guess this is
for those with the realtime version. No probs, as I don't have any weekend
data, except for one day 16th March which somehow got included from QT, no
idea how except I was fiddling with the programs trying to work out how to
use things.
Sorry for the long bit of b/s, just thought some others might like to know
this little quirk.
""

Another thing is the time of saving QT and importing to AB. I have AB to
import at 1 minute intervals and QT is set at 1 minute for portfolios and 5
minute for watchlist.

Hope this helps a bit

Cheers,
Graham