RE: [amibroker] Re: TradeIt

What
methods of ranking would you try?  Have you played with this
any?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 12:54
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  TradeItSid,The initial problem with trying to
  process Equity() for a portfolio model today is that AB does not limit one
  to being 100% invested so for example if one has $1mm in Equity and is
  doing trades of $100K each, if AB finds 50 trades that it can take today,
  it will take them all regardless of what is checked or not in the
  options.  This of course would make one 500% invested so as a result
  there's no good way to analyze the equity curve.  Beyond that of
  course to do real portfolio analysis and trading one should have the
  capability to rank issues via some algorithm and then trade those at any
  given point in time from the top of the list down until one is either
  fully invested or drops below some criteria etc.--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx> wrote:>
  At 08:26 AM 04/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:> > >While we wait
  for TJ to design and code some portfolio testing capability>
  >for AB, has anyone tried some of the alternatives such as TradeIt?>
  >> >Chris Kryza wrote TradeIt as a post processor for AIQ trades
  two or three> >years ago and I used it a few times back
  then.  It accepts trade data in> >CSV form so the thought
  occurred to me that it might be possible to export> >AB backtest
  data and run TradeIt on that data.> >> >Before I spend a
  bunch of time trying to get it to work I would like to> >know if
  someone has already looked at using TradeIt with AB trade >
  >data.  If so:> >> >1. did it work>
  >> >2. how difficult was it to adapt it> >>
  >3. were the results worth the effort involved> >
  TradeIT  is not the worlds greatest portfolio trader, just an
  available > example that had possibilities for adaptation to AA
  output.> > I dug into the adaptation issue some this
  weekend.  The output from AA > backtest can be rearranged to
  fit the input fields of TradeIT with some > help from an
  intermediate modification in Excel.  Unfortunately there is >
  one problem I have not been able to overcome.  There is no
  information > available from AA about price or equity movement
  between trades.  This > information is essential to creating a
  comprehensive report from > TradeIT.  (see TradeIT sample file for
  data input fields)> > I believe Fred Tonetti also mentioned this
  as serious deficiency in one of > his previous posts about the
  limitations of what he can calculate in his > expanded equity
  indicator.  You can't get there from here with the present >
  information coming out of AA.> > As a side issue, I am reminded
  once again that I want to be able to specify > additional
  calculated columns in AA backtest display.  For example, I might
  > want to include MAR = CAR/MDD as a column or ( more complicated )
  include > data on max or min excursions of various data columns as
  part of my AA > results. It would also be helpful to be able to
  specify which data columns > are displayed and specify their
  display order.  Finally, being able to > optimize based on
  something like UPI or MAR would save me time and improve >
  optimization results by offering alternatives to only optimizing on max
  profit.> > Comments?> Sid> > At this point
  I guess the best we can hope for is to get TJ to read the > TradeIT
  documentation for ideas on features to incorporate in his proposed
  > portfolio tester. > > > ---> Outgoing
  mail is certified Virus Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).> Version:
  6.0.471 / Virus Database: 269 - Release Date: 04/10/2003Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.