Re: [amibroker] Questions about 'string' in AFL

Tomasz,

I suppose there won't be any size limit on a string AFL variable generated in (say) 'Guru'  to be passed to DLL either.  So I should be able to generate a large (say 50k) string and then pass on to DLL without any problems.

Please let me know if there is any size limit for this kind of passing from AFL into DLL.

Regards,

- Salil V GangalTomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxxxx> wrote:

Salil,

AmiBroker uses c-style null-terminated strings so there is no hard-coded limit on length of the string.
You should be able to pass and display 50K text without problem.

Please note however that output of the commentary is displayed in the standard Windows
edit control. On older Windows versions edit controls are limited to 64K see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url="";>

There is no such limit on Win NT/2000 and XP
Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com