Re: [amibroker] Re: BuyPrice

Dimitris,

>How do you read Open price without intraday feed ?
Call your broker and ask what the open price is and place the order right then.
Impossible ?
Or use interactivebrokers TWS ,
Or just log on to Yahoo finance and use free ECN quotes :-)

>When do you take [any] action ? Within the session or not ?
>And, since you really act within the session and since you need
>intraday feed for your calculations, how do you call it, EOD or
>INTRADAY trading?
>
>Do you expect from the reader [and, more important, from the
>Amibroker user] to call this hybrid procedure [some elements from
>already known yesterday´s EOD AND SOME REAL TIME elements] as EOD
>trading ?
> It is not a matter of time needed for the action.

No, it does not really matter. The whole story begun with Yuki asking
about backtesting system that enters market by stop-order.
So I provided the code.
The code backtests just fine on EOD data and all you need to have
to backtest it is just EOD data.
And it is tradeable in reality.

It was about ****backtesting***** stop-based system on EOD data.
To trade such system you need to now the open price but
does it mean that you can not backtest it on EOD data ? You CAN.
And the results are reproducible in real trading (provided that you
have a telephone to call your broker)

> Do you take the risk to advise "all you have to do... " to any user
> or you are not aware of web traffic, catastrophic delays, desperate
> phone calls [I will never forget late Aug99, 30 sec were enough for
> the limit up !!]etc etc.

Such things happen also when you are trying to place order on close
and you told us many times that you place orders 5-15 minutes before
close on the signal day.

> Is your IB ref responsible enough to guarantee that you will not miss
> the trade, if the whole period your INTRADAY condition was true is 1
> min ?
It is the COMPUTER, not the human broker. IB runs automated system
that executes trades.

>I am sure you know very well these real facts, I do not know how
>easily do you overcome these difficulties with this " all you have to
> do...".
You should really check some internet-based broker to see how it works.

>Besides that, my basic question from the beginning, was about EOD and
I>NTRADAY definition. Will you call the above described action as an
>EOD trading ? This is the question, it is a matter of definition and
>not duration of the action.

As I wrote above EOD data are perfectly enough for backtesting such system.
Trading requires ability to place buy stop orders.
You may be not familiar with this type of orders and just because it is hard
to understand for you. I have given the links that provide more info in my

Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

> Dimitris,
>
> In fact all you have to do is to place one buy stop order just
after trading starts.
> Then you can turn off the monitor and go for a walk. You don't need
intraday
> feed for this and you don't need to watch the market.
> All work is done by your broker.
>
> For more reference see:
> http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html?
html/tws/stop_orders.html~top.body
> http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html?
html/tws/stop_limit.html~top.body

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Open.
<amibroker@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Dimitris,
> > >
> > > You are wrong. See the blue comments below.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko
> > > amibroker.com

we