Re: [amibroker] Optimize Optimize-Speed

At 10:15 рм 7/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I want to tune things as much as possible to make large number optimize
>runs go as fast as possible.
>
>Regarding database settings to maximize speed, the idea was to limit the
>number of bars loaded.
>
>Is there a way to do this temporarily without losing any data?  This
>would be for EOD via a TC2000 plugin.  I currently have this set to 5000
>bars in the file database section but 100,000 bars in the Preferences
>Data section (I think this is a result of my setting 100,000 for my RT
>setup.)
>
>I am backtesting from 1998 so I believe I only need around 1300 bars,
>maybe 1500.
>
>Will changing this setting speed up the optimizations? And which one
>should I change.
>
>(A big watchout that I want to avoid is getting the bars set too low in
>RT because then it "cleans out" data on a first-inm first-out basis and
>I do not want to lose any of my RT 1 min bars.)
>
>Would it be advised to export my EOD symbol bars to a csv file (from
>1998 to present) and then create a new database and import just those
>symbols that I am optimizing?  Would this be a good way to go?
>
>Any other hints on speeding up optimization?
>
>Ken
i dont use RT data but for the second idea you have use this
remember HIT DAILY VIEW or what ever you like

// Exporting more than one stock to CSV
Filter =1; /* all stocks and quotes accepted */
AddColumn(Open,"Open ", 1.2);
AddColumn(High,"High ", 1.2);
AddColumn(Low,"Low  ", 1.2);
AddColumn(Close,"Close", 1.2);
AddColumn(Volume,"Volume", 1.0);

B.T.W  any body has made a script convert ASCII minute RT  to 10min or
something?

Panos