Re: [amibroker] Re: a few considerations about optimization

Avcinci;

I agree with your statement.  I was simply
giving an example of what might be the source of a fractal "event".  And
suggesting one of the variables in your hypothetical prescreen should be
volume.

This is intuitively obvious from your own
experience.  Those stocks with very low volume can jump large
percentages.  So big plays will have big effects.  I think a prescreen
could be devised, but it may well be more work than just letting the backtesting
run.

In other words, with decreasing volume should come
decreasing predictability and increasing drawdown, and, of course, potentially
higher short term gains if you get it right. 8->

Richard
<BLOCKQUOTE