Re: [amibroker] Re: a few considerations about optimization

Sam,

Don't take this message as patronizing. I'm only offering advice basedon
what I've learned over the last 12 months or so. You should not be so quickto
be so accepting of such a huge drawdown. Losing $5 K out of $20 K is huge. You
could easily go to ruin in a very short time period. Based on your statement
that you don't trust your system, you are not ready to trade yet. I certainly am
not, and I've been backtesting and developing ad nauseam for over 12 monthsnow.
You should have a very high degree of confidence in your system before commiting
real money. The market is not trending right now, so you have lots of time to
develop your system, read books, take courses, etc. Use it wisely. This board is
an excellent resource to learn system development and TJ's great program. You
should also visit Van Tharp's and Chuck LeBeau's forums to get different views,
too. And don't forget the turtletrader web site. Good luck.

AV

<BLOCKQUOTE