RE: [amibroker] Re: Short question about stop losses and AFL

I think you may
be required to insert a Sell function.  If you don't want to use it, just
do a "Sell = 0;".  Hard to say without seeing your exact
code.

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: reboot2010
[mailto:gmellor@xxxx]Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 1:29
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]Re:
Short question about stop losses and
AFLRick,Thanks, I will have a look at this
function.Do, I still neet to have a "Sell=" callin my trading code ?
or does the "ApplyStops"take it's place ?Gary---
In amibroker@xxxx, "Rick Parsons" <RickParsons@xxxx> wrote:>Try
function "ApplyStops".  Explained in Help (Press F1).> >
Rick>   -----Original Message----->   From:
reboot2010 [mailto:gmellor@xxxx]>   Sent: Friday, November
01, 2002 12:47 PM>   To: amibroker@xxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Short question about stop losses and AFL> >
>   In my latest trading system I want>   to
exit a trade after a certain gain.>   (Say +5% when trading
long).>   Do I have to code this into AB
using>   AFL/vbScript or does the
backtest>   "STOPS" settings take care of this ?>
>   Backtest>

Settings>
|>         Profit
Target>

Percent> >   When I set the "backetest stop
settings">   to my desired gain, the system
errors,>   asking me for an AFL "SELL ="
argument.>   What do I code in the AFL "Sell="
function>   to make this work ?> >
Question is: Which function takes
care>
of selling at the desired
gain?>
1)The settings in the backtest
options>
2)or the AFL "Sell=" function> >   Amibroker isan
amazing tool and I have been>   able to crank off some faily
complicated>   trading systems. (Great work Tomasz
!)>   I am however having a little trouble
with>   this stop setting...> >
PS:>   I know there is an example of a similar
problem>   in the tutorial using vbScript. If it must be
done>   with vbScript, then what are the backtest
options>   settings used for ?> >
Sorry it's a bit long winded, but I'm having>   a bit of
trouble with this one.> >
Thanks,>   Gary>   Canada> >
>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT>

>        >
>   Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxx
>   (Web page: <A
>   Check group FAQ at: <A
> >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Yahoo! Terms of Service.Post