Re: [amibroker] Re: Dynamic Money Management

Not any more Rick. When I took Tharp's Advanced Stock Market course
last year, he made a point that the way he suggested calculating expectancyin
his book is indeed very cumbersome. However, he said there is a much easierway.
You simply calculate everything in terms of R-multiples (multiples of risk). For
example, suppose you risk 1% of equity on each trade, and your initial equity is
$100,000. So, the value of 1R is $1000. If your first trade makes $3000, you
have made a 3R profit. If you lose $1500, you lose 1.5R, if you make $10,000,
you make 10R, etc. The easiest way to calculate expectancy is simply to addup
all your R-multiples, net them out by subtracting the negative R-multiples from
the positive ones, then divide by the no. of trades. This gives you your
expectancy per trade. Should be very simple to do in AB.

Al V.
<BLOCKQUOTE