Re: Testing for Volatility

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "nkis22" <nkishor@xxxx> wrote:
> Sam, that shows that stocks have their own personalities. I also
> found that systems are peculiar to individual stocks. I think this
> happens because the professional and daytraders that follow
> that stock have adapted to a certain kind of behavior for that
> stock.
>
> nand

So what does one do ?? find all the stocks where this system produces
good returns and try it. I just ran it on AMZN and the returns were
nothing short of outstanding .. Max drawdown was too high (36%) for my
own liking. but the annual returns were in the 40% range. (btw this is
the stochastic system posted on this board). The magic is filtering
for rising markets (I am using the macd()) and also using the correct
profit target and trailing stops).

I have also to decide on when the system appears to stop working
(number of consecutive losses or other criteria).

I am just looking in awe on the (past) returns and saying it is worth
a shot. That is if the market for these stocks maintains its character
as you have stated.

Profitable trading to all..
Sam