Re: [amibroker] Relative Strength vs RSI - AB definition clarification, please?

Hello,

The approach you describe is not RSI neither comparative RS.
RSI is a function of single independent variable (price) while comparative
RS is a function of two independent variables (price of "current" symbol
and price of "base" symbol).

What you descirbe is a function of N-th independent variables.
It is a ranking based on rate of change.

To rank by rate of change you would need to make an exploration:

Filter = 1;
AddColumn( ROC( Close, 260 ), "yearly change" );

set range to last n quotations n = 1.
and click "Explore"
than click on 'yearly change' to sort by yearly rate of change.
If you scan Nasdaq100 the top 10 symbols represent 10% best performing symbols.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com