Re: three line break DLL plug-in now available

Hi J,

This looks really useful. However, I have a query:

Before reading the pdf file, I set up an analysis that tried to
optimize everthing, even the flags. Here is the analysis code:
//Third Line Break

//Optimized for UKX (manually imported data)
//
//standard - not aligned with price chart
//Plot(aceTLB(3,2),"",1,512);
//Plot(aceTLB(3,3),"",4,512);

/*//or aligned with price chart:*/

Var1 = Optimize ("V1", 5, 1, 7, 1) ;
Var2 = Optimize ("V2", 2, 1, 7, 1) ;
Var3 = Optimize ("V3", 3, 1, 7, 1) ;

A1 = aceTLB(Var1,Var2);
A2 = aceTLB(Var1,Var3);

//Plot(aceTLB(Var1,Var2),"Three Line Break Leading Line",1,512);
//Plot(aceTLB(Var1,Var3),"Three Line Break Lagging Line",4,512);

Buy = Cross(A1,A2);
Cover = Buy; /* Cover short when going long */
Sell = Cross(A2,A1);
Short = Sell; /* Open short when closing long */

The optimization produced 5,2,3 as shown above.

Then I realised that 2,3 only define how the chart is plotted (I
think), so I looked to see what 5,4,5 produced in the results. Guess
what, it is vastly inferior to 5,2,3.

Am I missing something here?

Regards, Barry.