Re: Trying the systems Stridsman talked about ..

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "samgrayy" <samgrayy@xxxx> wrote:
> Read my review on Amazon (reader from Ontario).

Done.

> But as of chapter 4 'Data Mining', it
> becomes quite interesting.

Had a closer look at chapter 5. Yes, it has some interesting
concepts, likely testing without commissions and fees to determine
if the system "works". Then adding in the fees to determine if it
can be traded for a profit.

What are the top 3 or 4 ideas you discovered in Stridsman?

> By now I am somehow discouraged.
> Does a truly universal trading system
> exist. I don't think so. I think
> different systems work best in
> different markets.

If so, that adds a new dimension to "slippage", the loss that comes
by continuing to trade a method suited to the previous market
conditions. Eventually enough evidence will come to indicate that a
new market condition has taken over and thus a new method is needed.