>From:
Herman vanden
Bergen
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 5:29
PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: linear
regression
The best method I found is to Right-Click on the
Readme.html when it opensup and create a shortcut for your desktop, then
delete the previous one. Thelatest one covers all previous
changes.Best regards,Herman.> -----Original
Message-----> From: doedau [mailto:doed@xxxx]>
Sent: 15 October, 2002 11:28 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Re: linear regression>>> Maybe Im
ready for the 'knackers yard' - approaching 60 years old and> probably
about the same IQ but even now I remember the equation to a> straight
line.> Putting it into afl is another matter. What I dont appear to
have in> my version (4.02) is LinRegIntercept - as far as I can
see.>> I downloaded V4.19 but didnt see it there either. I will
have another> look when I get home from work. Can anyone confirm its
there?>> Sorry to be a nuisance to you
experts.>>> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Herman van den
Bergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:> > ....> Excuse me but this is
elementary school math...> >> > Right you are Tomasz :-)
but for me that is almost half a century> > ago....ooops, now Igave
my age away :-(> >> > Thanks for the refresher though! It
is much appreciated.> >> > Herman.> >>
[mailto:amibroker@xxxx]> > > Sent: 14 October, 2002 7:13
AM> > > To: amibroker@xxxx> > > Subject: Re:
[amibroker] Re: linear regression> > >> > >>
> > Excuse me but this is elementary school math.> >
a is a intercept (in AFL LinRegIntercept)> > > b is a slope (in
AFL LinRegSlope)> > >> > > The AFL formula:>
);> > >> > > Daysback = 10;> >
);> > > bb = LastValue( LinRegSlope( Close, Daysback ) );>
);> > > Plot( y, "LinReg", colorRed );> > >>
use:> > >> > > x = Cum(1);> > > lastx =
LastValue( x );> > >> > > Daysback = 10;>
);> > > bb = LastValue( LinRegSlope( Close, Daysback ) );>
);> > > Plot( IIf( x >= (lastx - Daysback), y, -1e10 ),
"LinReg",> colorRed );> > >> > >>>
amibroker.com> > > ----- Original Message -----> >>
From: "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx>> > > To:
<amibroker@xxxx>> > > Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 8:49
PM> > > Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: linear regression>
LinReg equation,> there have> > > > been a few versions
posted but they all had some problems under> certain> > >
> conditions.> > > >> > > > It would be
nice to have a straight line LinReg from point A to> > > B
formula,> > > > anybody good in math?> > >
Herman.> > > >> > > > > -----Original
Message-----> > > > > From: gillesdeprez
[mailto:gillesdeprez@xxxx]> > > > > Sent: 14 October, 2002
2:05 AM> > > > > To: amibroker@xxxx> > > >
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: linear regression> > > >
the> 4.14> > > > > version;> > > >
amibroker@xxxx, "doedau" <doed@xxxx> wrote:> > > > >
> Hi,> > > > > > My version of AB (4.02)has slope of
linear regression line> > > > > > (linregslope) notthe
line of linear regression itself.> Have I> > > > >
missed> > > > > > it, has anyone written afl for it, or
is it in a later> version? I> > > > > see>
maths not> up to> > > > > > knowing if this is
the same thing as conventional linear> regression.> > >

amiquote@xxxx> > > > > (Web page: <A
> > > <A
to> > > <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>