Re: [amibroker] Re: Dimitris, are you still short on MSFT???

Dnia śro 10. lipiec 2002 10:05, dtsokakis napisał:
> Marek,
> The first gif on WIG20 is descriptive enough.
> As for the second MIDWIG gif, it looks a bit strange at the first
> sight.
> When you run for WIG20 the ~macdbull, ~macdbear scan, two new tickers
> are added to your symbol tree, the "~macdbull" and "~macdbear".
> If you scan now the MIDWIG with THE SAME FORMULA, MIDWIG data will be
> added to WIG20.

??? I got it. I thought the symbol is reset before every scan.

> To obtain a separate result you should change the names in the basic
> formula:
> "~macdbullWIG20" and "~macdbearWIG20" for WIG20 scan and
> "~macdbullMIDWIG" and "~macdbearMIDWIG" for MIDWIG scan.
> The respective changes should be applied to ind. builder formulas.
> Did you notice that ?

Yeah

> You may run composites for various groups and/or WatchLists. Since
> the result goes to Group 253, you should use different ticker name
> for each group, else the results may be accumulated.
> MACDbull and MACDbear is a good start for the market behavior. Since
> we search the directionality, there is no problem with the "size"
> of "blue chips".

point about size is only to notice that blue chips here in Poland are not the
same as in US. (or maybe, when us companies will show "true" accounting,
sizes and conditions will not be so different ;-)

Thanks DT,

Regards,
Marek